Planning and Administering SharePoint 2016
About this course
This five-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to plan and administer a Microsoft SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches you how to deploy, administer, and troubleshoot your SharePoint environment. This course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that help you optimize your SharePoint deployment.
This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
The course is targeted at experienced IT professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students typically have more than one year of hands-on experience* with planning and maintaining SharePoint and two years’ experience with other core technologies on which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint 2016.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.